Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tonight I'm Gonna Party Like It's.....

Word on the street is that the world was supposed to end today and yet here I type.  Millions of people poked fun at the rumored prophecy of Armageddon and made plans for tomorrow despite it.  I have to confess that I was amongst the skeptics.

That isn’t to say that “what if” scenarios didn’t creep into my mind, though….

What if the world were to end today?

 How many things in life would have a sudden sense of urgency to them and why would they suddenly matter?

I’m actually wincing right now.  The truth that lies between these words and lines is like a wakeup call.  It’s one thing to live a life full of intention but without action and conscious effort all you have is a neat little idea.

 A new year is synonymous with beginnings, clean slates and fresh pages.  I challenge you to go into 2013 with a different perspective on your life.  Examine it from various angles and explore areas that may have lain dormant for a while.
  • Are you where you want to be (geographically or otherwise)?
  • Are you excited about what you’re doing?
                                                                                           
If your answer is “no” to either question then I boldly ask, “What are you going to do about it?”  Life doesn’t promise unlimited joy and euphoria but it does entertain the notion of endless possibilities often turned into reality for those of us what want it badly enough. 

Do you?

My wish this holiday is that you love more, hurt less, find joy, ditch anger, work hard and play A LOT!  Forgive me for the video clip but I couldn't help myself :) 
 
Until next time, friends……
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment