Saturday, June 9, 2012

To Tell You the Truth.....

"Let this truth go as deep in you as possible: that life is already here, arrived.  You are standing on the goal.  Don't ask about the path." 

- Osho (Indian Philosopher and best selling author)

I lost my job just over a month ago.
My relationship is at a painful crossroad.
I'm in the midst of packing to move at the end of the month.

These are my truths not a story that I've decided to sink into.  I need to make that distinction for my own benefit because there are times when it is easy to let external circumstances define who we are. My current station is simply a marker on my life map which reads "Rosie, you are here".   It's up to me to decide where I want to go and hopefully the universe is on board with how I choose to get there.  I share these things with you in the hopes that there is value to telling the truth about how life is lived and what we can do to flip the switch.

Many of the things that could break us down in life actually serve as tools to build us up.  It was Elizabeth Kubler Ross that once said, "If you shield a mountain from the windstorm, you'll never see the beauty of its carvings." I couldn't agree more.  Looking back I have to say that it has taken some of my most painful experiences and toughest challenges to tap into the depths of my inner (and outer) strength and resiliency.

Exposing truths and revealing vulnerabilities can often make even the most confident person squirm to some degree.  No one likes to feel "less than" or imperfect.  The irony to this is that showing this side of ourselves makes us perfectly human.  Everybody has a story.  Isn't it time that we listened to some or maybe even shared a few?  If we did, I think that we would be surprised with the nods of understanding, the tears of compassion or perhaps the offers of support that are extended to us.

We go through things for a reason and it's not for us to know or understand right away.  In time we will and hopefully at that time we'll be in a place (or mental space) where we can give thanks for learning the lesson that was taught. 

I am healthy.
I am strong.
I am loved.
I am abundant.

These are the things that define me and I will take them with me into the next chapter of my life.  I look forward to sharing that story with you....

Until next time, friends.

3 comments:

  1. it's a journey not a race dixie. pace yourself, there are pains and bumps along the road, but you'll make it. steve jobs' Ted talk mentioned that life will throw all sorts of things at you, but it's ONLY afterward that you can connect the dots (and make sense of it). can't connect looking forward... praying for you. rh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RH. You're pretty great yourself :)

      Delete
  2. You ARE loved!
    ~Mel~

    ReplyDelete