Friday, June 1, 2012

Clean Eating... A New Frontier



“Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.”  ~William Shakespeare

My body has been very loyal.  It has carried my son through pregnancy, it's taken the brunt of some tough external conditions and has consistently brought me from Point A to Point B. I can't remember the last time I've extended it the courtesy of a tune-up.  Going to an annual doctor's appointment is admirable and has definitely provided me insight on how my 30-something temple is doing but I have to admit that I sometimes worry while waiting to hear the outcome of routine blood tests.  Why?  Simply because I know that I haven't been always been cognisant of the things that I ingest or the environments that I expose myself to.

Like many people sometimes I just eat to eat.  Not for fuel, not for maintenance.  Nah, sometimes it just feels good just to eat. 

Let me ask you a question, though.  Do you know what you're actually consuming? What does our body do with food derived from a petrie dish?  It's not my intention to be a culinary buzz kill disguised as a holistic expert.  I'm just a curious woman who's willing to try a different way of  being.

For the month of June I'm turning my attention to healthy and clean eating. My interest in this lifestyle was brought about by Tosca Reno but my desire to pursue it was sparked by the video below that was posted in an online newsletter from Kris Carr. (Side-note: both women are solid and positive health advocates.  Check them out if you have a chance!)




I'm looking forward to sharing how this month goes. The highs, the lows, the revelations and the end result. 

How are you going to take your health to a new level? 

Until next time, friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment