Thursday, March 8, 2012

Salvation in the Midst of Frustration

Letting go of certain things in my life has always been a bone of contention for me. Whether it’s a relationship, an idea, a dream, or even tchotchkes from my yester-years … releasing my vise-grip hold is still a work in progress.

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
- Albert Einstein

I was recently feeling pretty frustrated about a particular aspect of my life and my preoccupation with the issue was taking over way too much of my day-to-day thought process.  Trying to find salvation in the midst of frustration can often feel like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.  It just doesn’t fit.  That’s when I remembered there’s always a choice.

You can decide to accept the status quo or to make a change that will propel you into a better space.  Sometimes it’s better to re-invent the wheel (especially when the old one is broken). Instead of doing things begrudgingly, I feel that my energy can be used more effectively to cultivate positive ideas and initiatives.

It never ceases to amaze me how simple it can be to work through a situation. 

Write it out.
Break it down.
Make a choice.
Breathe.
(Repeat the cycle as required).

Until next time friends….




No comments:

Post a Comment