Saturday, March 3, 2012

In Like A Lion....

March 2012 has started on a great foot packed with friends, self-care and some truly amazing talent.  Where to I begin?  How about I mix them all in?

On Thursday I had the good fortune of being invited to participate in a yoga class.  It's been a while since I have rolled out the mat and attempted asanas so I leapt at this opportunity.  The invitation to class came from my friend and the yoga class instructor, Celina Hearst, over at Hearst Academy of Martial Arts.  If you’re new to yoga or already enjoy a regular practice, I encourage you to check it out.  The class is intimate in size which allows for optimum relaxation and personal attention from Celina for any assistance that you may require.

 Friday night was another exciting one for me and another girlfriend of mine, Iyono Ede.  Iyono is a brilliant songstress whose soulful vocal style set the stage on fire in the opening night performance of Jonathan Larson's Rent at the Centrepointe Theatre in Ottawa.  She was a member of an exceptional ensemble cast who literally blew me away (and occasionally moved me to tears).  I've been fortunate to see various renditions of this rock opera (in both performance and movie theatres) and without exaggeration I can say this Orpheus Musical Theatre Society performance is my favorite yet!  Well worth the very reasonable price of admission and I encourage everyone to treat themselves to this show which runs from March 2 - 11.  Note: If by chance you miss the show (and I am so sorry if you do) you can catch Iyono on stages throughout Ottawa performing with The Hammerheads.

I have managed to set the bar pretty high for March's kickoff and I have no doubt that the momentum will continue to pick up.  Stay tuned this week for my one on one interview with Body Combat extraordinaire, Nicole Blake.  Nicole is going to be chatting about fitness, love and life.  I'm happy to have you all along for the ride!

Until next time, friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment