Monday, February 27, 2012

What's Your Motivation?

Tyson and I getting the morning started...
 
What gets you going in the morning?
What has you giving 100% on the days where 75% is all that you've got to give?
What drives you?

I've been thinking a lot about motivation lately.  I've got dreams (some big and some small) and my motivations are what I use to propel me towards attaining them.  What’s interesting to me is how much my inspirations have changed over the years.  The things that motivated me back in high school are indeed a far cry from the things that get me revved up today.  For that alone I am grateful!

Now in my thirties, my priorities to myself and to others have shifted.  My son motivates me to find new ways to nurture and love.  My job motivates me to push myself and find ways to add value to the work that I’m producing.  The people closest to me provide me with a motivation to stay strong and true to the woman that I’m becoming.  I work hard every day to try and take one step closer to each of the goals that I have laid out for myself.

One thing that I’ve noticed is that having an audience is highly motivating.  It was initially nerve-wracking because I didn’t want anyone to see me be anything less than good.  Then I took a step back and realized that if people are watching, it’s because there`s something to see and maybe, just maybe I can get people motivated about something, too.

I take pride in a lot of the things that I do and in so many of the challenges that I have faced.  I’m proud when I “get through it” whether it’s an intense workout, a grueling day with a ticked off toddler or a seemingly impossible project at work that has me working overtime.  I find it rewarding to master a tricky recipe or to finish writing a strong piece of work. Outside of my son, feeling good has to be one of my biggest motivations. What’s yours?


"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching."
- Source Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment