Tuesday, February 14, 2012

On Your Mark, Get Set.....

So I have been working towards getting back into a workout routine again but to be perfectly honest inspiration has been a bit of a challenge for me. Before I became pregnant with Tyson I was in a pretty disciplined workout regimen. Throughout my pregnancy,  I bumped up my activity for as long as I could before I had no choice but to slow it down.  It took about a year after having Tyson to get to a place where I was ready to accept that my lifestyle and physique had been forever changed and I learned that that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

When faced with change your choices are to resist it or accept it.

I choose not only to accept it but to embrace it for the scary free fall that it is.


In an earlier post I let you know about the online project that I joined called Move More, Eat Well. This is a great way for me to work towards my health and workout goals while being creative at the same time.  I have been feeling like I need to be more accountable for the progress that I make, so I enlisted my sister, Joan, to join me in a 5K run this May for Ottawa Race Weekend!  I have never considered running as exercise that I might enjoy.  As a matter of fact, I can't recall a race in my youth that I ever finished.  That is exactly why I'm doing this.  It's time to finish what I start. I'm actually 80% excited and 20% nervous.

In the upcoming days I will be doing a few posts about my initial baby steps towards this goal and in the following I will be doing interviews and soliciting guest posts from women that have been leading by example when it comes to healthy living.  My mind is whirling and the ideas keep coming.  I'm excited to form some thoughts and make some fresh, new and exciting sentences.

More news at 11...

Until next time friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment