Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Went Out Walkin'....

So I decided to take a walk a couple of days ago.  It was a nice, mild night out.  The kind of night that tells you that winter is slowly winding down and that spring is just around the corner.  What made the night even more special was that it offered some self indulgent "me" time.  Time to break away from the daily roles that I impose on myself such as "employee", "mother", "wife", "friend", "sister" and "daughter".  Time alone is a scarce resource in the frantic pace of life, but I now recognize the importace of taking some space for yourself and relishing in all of the glory that doing so can offer.

As I walked briskly through the streets of downtown, I tried to make a point of staying present and being aware of what was going on around me.  It's so easy to be distracted by our destination and lose sight of the proverbial journey itself.  In this case, I had no real destination in mind when I stumbled upon something beautiful.  The Crystal Garden at Confederation Park.


The Crystal Garden is a part of the Winterlude festivities in Ottawa.  It's a place where international ice sculptors gather to compete at their craft and proudly display their impressive results.


I went out walkin' and was happy that I didn't have a destination in mind.  Here's to the beautiful things that you can find when you take the time to just "be".

Until next time, friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment