Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We Are All Creative

I've recently had alot of discussions with people about creativity and being creative. I am intrigued by what it means to other people but what intrigues me even more is when people say, "I am not at all creative!" or "I wish that I had the ability to (write, draw, perform)".

It is my firm belief that everyone is creative and the life that you are living today is proof.  You've created it.

I know. In some cases it's a tough pill to swallow (especially when you are not living a life that you would like to be held personally accountable for) but I believe this is the truth.  For example, when we get out of bed in the morning we are faced with a choice to have a good day or a not so good day.  Now you might be asking yourself, "Who would actually choose to have a not so good day?" but many of us make that choice and create that reality just based on our attitude alone.  I know, I've done it.

Choosing to surround yourself with positive people, positive energy and positive environments can make all of the difference in an otherwise "uncreative" existence.

Consider this: 

Each positive decision that you make in your life is equivalent to the stroke of a paintbrush on a canvas, a  powerful word in a poem  or a bar of music in a symphony.  Every choice that you make takes you one step closer to creating something beautiful.

So at the heart of it all, we are creative.  It is my sincerest hope that you make a masterpiece starting today.

Until next time, friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment