Monday, December 19, 2011

Makin' A List, Checkin' it Twice....

Alright, I was originally going to write a post entitled, “My Christmas Wish List” but after some thought I realized that it’s not the direction that I want to take.  The reference to a “Wish List” made the post seem too cotton candy pink and fluffy.  The fairy tale connotation that the word “wish” evoked was too much for me to bear.  Instead I am presenting my “Action List” and I’m not going to pigeon-hole this list to Christmas or any other time of year.  I am just going to set my intentions on getting things done and having a bit of fun along the way.
Find my voice – I will be the first to admit that if I had as much confidence speaking as I do writing, I would be an incredible force to be reckoned with.  I have alot to say about a variety of things and I look forward to just “putting it all out there”
Seek salvation in the written word as opposed to the bottom of an ice cream container – My time on maternity leave in the earlier months found me reaching for comfort within one arms reach.  Unluckily for me that need often placed me in the kitchen with my son cradled in one arm and a Ben and Jerry’s container cradled in the other.   The good news is that I found my way to writing again and as long as I keep it going, I reap the benefits of creativity and somewhat more controlled waistline.  Don’t believe me? Go ahead, just try typing and eating simultaneously!
Keep the faith – Since I was a little girl I was raised within (what I know now to be) the seemingly rigid boundaries of religion.  For me it felt like trying on a shoe that was too tight.  I liked the style but it wasn’t a good fit for me.  My faith is now a built on a more spiritual and mystic foundation.  I think that I am going to enjoy taking a bit more Eastern philosophy and seeing how it can apply to this Western life that I’m living.
Detox, Detox, DetoxDefinition of DETOXIFY (transitive verb)
1          a : to remove a harmful substance (as a poison or toxin) or the effect of such from
b : to render (a harmful substance) harmless
2          : to free (as a drug user or an alcoholic) from an intoxicating or an addictive substance in the body or from dependence on or addiction to such a substance

I look forward to examine ways to not only detoxify my mind and body but also relationships.  No one should ever feel obligated to keep people around them just because it seems like the right thing to do.  I am going to work on nurturing the relationships that feed my soul and pray that I can reciprocate the honour. The people that you choose surround yourself with can tell you a lot about yourself.
I am going to stop my list there for now.  I have a tendency to get overly ambitious and because of that I feel like this list feels like a good place to start from.  I can’t wait to see what unfolds!
Until next time, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment