Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy 2012.....

A couple of days ago I received an email from a dear friend of mine.  She had taken the time to visit this blog and sent me an email stating:
“You, my friend, are a lovely wonderful individual who only needs to start understanding that you are living and stop thinking about how to live....  I feel that you need to start saying "YES" no matter the consequence!!!  You will feel liberated! I love you!!! “
I got teary eyed.  Sometimes the most powerful words come at such a good time.  I believe that it was Iyanla Vanzant that once said in her book Acts of Faith that “some people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.”  As 2011 comes to a close I have to say that I feel such deep gratitude to have such special friends in my life. 
With no further adieu I would like to present my revised blueprint to living in 2012 (aka: my New Years resolutions):
  1. Move into a family oriented neighbourhood in the east end of Ottawa – It’s time to say goodbye to the concrete jungle of downtown.  This area treated me nicely when I was a single girl living it up in my late twenties and early thirties, but the mama in me is seeking some greener things in life like trees and grass.
  2. Obtain my G1 Drivers Permit – No.  I don’t have my drivers license.  Now get your jaw off of the floor.  Here in Ontario, Canada we have what is called Graduated Licensing.  Due to the fact that I felt no need in my youth to obtain my driver’s license, I missed the window of opportunity to avoid this new program that was implemented.  Now at the tender age of 36 I am feeling the push (my own push) to get this over with. 
  3. Let Go – I have been hanging onto some issues (and people) from my past that had a big impact on my life and my spirit.  At this particular juncture, these are no longer mutually beneficial relationships but because they are familiar ones I am having the hardest time letting go.  When I say “Let Go”, I am referring to leaving the relationships as they are.  That’s not to say that in the future they can’t be revisited.  Anything is possible as long as it’s best for both people involved.  Marsha Petrie Sue said it best: Stay away from what might have been and look at what will be.”
  4. Learn from the relationships that didn’t work out – This resolution actually ties into “Let go” but I felt that it needed a point all its own. I came across this article by Laurenne Sala on the Tiny Buddha website.  Have you ever read an article that mirrored your thoughts in such a way that it resonates with you long after you’ve read it?  Yeah… me too.  That’s how I felt after reading this clever commentary.  It was validating, refreshing and fun.  Check it out when you have a chance.
  5. Move into a rewarding, well-paying job complete with good benefits and a flexible option to work from home on an as required basis.  Enough said.
  6. Be healthier and active – In an earlier post I disclosed that my One Little Word for 2012 is MOVE. On January 1, 2012 I will be participating in Move More, Eat Well which is a workshop offered through Big Picture classes and facilitated by Cathy Zielske.  The time has come to move off of the couch and towards better health and wellness. Mind, Body and Soul.
  7. Join a group/ organization in support of women’s issues – There are so many great associations in the world right now.  I am looking forward to finding one to lend my hand to .
  8. Step boldly onto the path of consciousness and enlightenment – I have to say that with all of the changes that I have been through in 2011, digging deep within myself helped to get me through a lot.  I would like to become a student to the more spiritual side of things and align myself with a great spiritual teacher.
  9. Get published – While it is the dream for many to see their name in print, I feel that I actually have a shot at making this a success.  The Epic Adventure Series may be the beginning of something, well, epic! So if you are reading this, please feel free to share my work with your friends or anyone that you feel may benefit from it! 
  10. Free myself of emotional toxins – I am an emotional sponge.  If you are feeling something while standing in close proximity to me, odds are, I will pick up on it.  That isn’t really much of an issue.  The problem lies in the fact that I have the hardest time ridding myself of O.P.B. (Other People’s Baggage).  Some people can just shake it off but I have to make a concerted effort.  In 2012, effort is required!
“You don’t have to change the world, you just have to change yourself”. – Yogananda
All of the best for 2012!
Until next time, friends….


No comments:

Post a Comment