Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Challenges May Appear Bigger Than They Really Are...

Tonight I decided to go for a walk.  I was exhausted from the efforts of a long day and while it would have been easier to curl up in front of the TV for an hour or two, I gave in to the calling from the universe to get outdoors.  When I finally stepped outside, it was raining and incredibly dark.  I decided that my destination was going to be the public library (when I am feeling out of sorts, a good book often helps to relax me).

During my journey, I questioned why I didn't stay at home. I have quite a few books there already that I have been meaning to read and the weather was miserable to say the least.  I thought that the universe had been trying to send me a message and that apparently wasn't the case.  I looked around for a short cut that would get me to the library ASAP and back home in record time.  There was an empty lot to my left with what appeared to be a barricade separating me from the quickest way to my targeted location.  Was there a way around it?  I wasn't sure and at that point if I had to climb over it or dig under it, I wasn't going to let a fence stop me.

I crossed the lot and arrived at my perceived obstacle ready to face it head on only to find a path right beside it.  This path was quite literally a dry clearing under the umbrella of a big tree.  Crisis averted!  I was a little bit smug with satisfaction and quick to celebrate my triumph over doubt. That is when the message from the universe came to me loud and clear. 

When a challenge is keeping you from where you want to go, you can choose to take the long, safe route around them in the hopes of avoiding the challenge all together.  More often than not, this will probably leave you tired and thinking that there must be a better way.  Instead, try to face the challenge head on.  Walk right towards it and have faith in your conviction to get past it.  You may be surprised at the open path that is revealed to you.

On what feels like your darkest (and coldest) of days, there is always a way out.

Until next time, my friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment