Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Breathe.


When I initially started writing this blog I had all sorts of grand ideas about the posts that I would write and the audience that might read it.  I certainly don't know everything but writing allows me to express myself in ways that I can't get out otherwise.  Little did I know how much I would need this forum.  A part of me hopes to reach someone in cyberspace that might identify with where I am coming from and the path that I am on in this life.

As mentioned in earlier posts, things are going to be amping up and changing alot for me in the next few months.  In my quest to move forward I am forced to look at things from a different perspective.  Nothing has changed more for me over the course of the last year and a half than my relationships.  My interactions with my friends, family, child and spouse have undergone some serious renovations.  There have been ups and downs; I have been blessed with some belly laughs and I have succumb to a few tears.  Some of my relationships have had vigorous emotional workouts and because of that they require some time to rest.  That's right....

... they need space to breathe;
... time to recoup and
... they need to be handled with care.

I'm learning that often times the best thing that you can do when trying to salvage a relationship is to step out of it for a while.  What's done during the time apart will have the significant impact on the story ends for those involved.  Will you come together again or part ways?  It's not possible to heal without resting.  The hurt won't end if it's not tended to.

Sometimes we need to fall into the comforting arms of solitude in order to hear what is in our hearts.  Take a moment to breathe and rest when required in order to nurture the good in all of the relationships that you have.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment