Thursday, November 10, 2011

While you were sleeping....

To my beautiful baby boy Tyson,


While you were sleeping I watched you for a while and I thought to myself, "He has changed so much, so fast". It feels strange to know that I haven't known you all of my life because I truly can't imagine a world without you in it. You have brought me more joy than I have ever known and for that I am eternally grateful.

I used to rush through things just to get to more things. Life was quickly passing me by. Becoming your mother has taught me the importance of being present. I am still learning, but I am also enjoying doing silly things just to hear you laugh and I treasure being one of the primary people that you turn to when you are in need of comfort.

Shortly before I gave birth to you, I panicked. I panicked about anything and everything. Will I be a good mother? What if I couldn't give you everything you needed? How would I be able to understand what you were trying to tell me? One look at you and all of those stresses slowly faded.

Raising you is an honour that I am still in awe of every day. I look forward to watching you sleep for many years to come.

All my love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment