Sunday, November 27, 2011

To Sleep Perchance To....


Rest and Recharge - Day 3
The weekend went by all too quickly!  It was a culmination of playdates and teething (maybe tonight Tyson and I can get some relief).
I had a great opportunity to spend a bit of time yesterday with my friend, Nelly and her daughter Ayah.  It had been so long since we had seen each other that it was extra special that we made the time.  Friends like Nelly aren't common but I am blessed to have a few friends like her in my life because:

  • They understand when you make a last minute cancellation to plans.
  • They don't mistake your tears for weakness.
  • They tell you the hard truth about some things in a loving way.
  • They love to laugh with you and sometimes at you (to your face not to your back)
  • You may lose touch for a while but always pick up where you left off.
  • They have seen you through some not-so-smart moments and still find you endearing.
  • They see you for who you are and not who they want you to be.
  • They hear you even when you aren't speaking.
  • You don't need to preface the word "friend" with the word "best" for them to understand that they rank highly in your life. 

To all of my friends (and you know who you are... just re-read the aforementioned points), I love you!  You are a huge part of what makes my life good and it is my honour to know you.

It's off to dreamland for me... bonne soiree!

No comments:

Post a Comment