Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One Little Word

“One little word can make a BIG impact on your life.  Join the journey”
- Ali Edwards
It is amazing the influence and power that can be found within one word.  I know that it only has as much power that is given to it, but let’s face it we often put a lot of emphasis on the words that we put out into the world every day.
Words allow me to express things in a way that I wouldn’t know who to demonstrate otherwise. They can send me on a motivating high or a heartbreaking low.  Ali Edwards is inspiring woman that has introduced me to a new way of expressing myself and my life stories.  A neighbour of mine introduced me to work last year and I have also seen her name referenced on blogs that I love such as chookooloonks and Ordinary Courage .
Since 2007 Ali Edwards has kicked off the New Year with a project called, One Little Word.  It simply involves choosing one word for the upcoming year that seems to resonate with you and making it yours.  You can use it to meditate with or perhaps use it to inspire your journaling prompts.
The word that I am choosing to use this year is “Move”. 
Definition of MOVE according to Merriam-Webster
intransitive verb
1
a (1): to go or pass to another place or in a certain direction with a continuous motion <moved into the shade> (2): to proceed toward a certain state or condition <moving up the executive ladder> (3) : to become transferred during play <checkers move along diagonally adjacent squares> (4) : to keep pace <moving with the times> b : to start away from some point or place : depart c : to change one's residence or location

This word has been coming at me from all sorts of directions and I have decided to listen to my intuition and put this one little word to good use.
  • I am going to move towards all that is good for me and those that I love. 
  • I am going to move away from memories of the past and relationships that have only served to bring my spirits down.
  • I am going to move my body in new ways and treat it better than I have to date. 
  • I am going to (hopefully!) move the readers of my work into action for themselves and others.
  • I am going to move to the ‘burbs and kiss the concrete jungle goodbye after many unforgettable years.
  • I am going to move towards my creative goals.
I welcome 2012 with open arms.  It’s time to get moving! 
What will your One Little Word be?

No comments:

Post a Comment