Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Life In Pictures - Project 365

I had briefly stepped away from my writing this week because life got away from me.
Umm. No.
Correction.  I got away from life. 
Have you ever had one of those weeks where things have happened so fast that you could barely keep track or much less keep up?

It is at times like this that I feel the need to slow things down a bit and ....
  • Take a minute to listen to a song from start to finish
  • play with my son indulgently for an hour
  • read a book that has absolutely nothing to do with anything work related
  • patiently wait and watch my son

...you get the idea, right?

Then I came across a great idea that will help me to:
  • post/ write more consistently;
  • tie together a few other personal projects that I would like to pursue this year (as mentioned earlier in a few different posts) and
  • take an indulgent moment everyday to myself.
I am one of the thousands that have been inspired by Stephen Poff's 365 Day Photo Diary. If you have the opportunity to check out the article, I highly recommend it.  My idea is to occasionally stray from the self-portrait every day and instead capture a moment of my life everyday.  There are so many little things that will be cool to capture that may have otherwise gotten away.  Adding a few words to tell a bit of the story behind the picture will make everything that much more exciting.

Instead of starting this with the typical New Years kick-off date.  I am going to start this... TOMORROW!  (as in November 25th, 2011).  I would have risen to the challenge of starting now but the realist in me acknowledges that I am bed bound in less than one hour.

What do you say, will you follow my journey?  Better yet, do you want to jump in with me?  I would love the company!  Feel free to leave your comment and a link to your site below.... or perhaps a note with your feedback.

Good night :)

1 comment:

  1. I love how, with everything you do..you always find a way to wrok with it. You don't freak out or jump away with yelling. I respect that because I've never been that. You also have a great way with words..you make everything sound perfect(:

    ReplyDelete