Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Body, My Temple



It never ceases to amaze me how often women put themselves last when it comes to maintenance of the mind, body and spirit. We read the magazines and watch the television shows that inundate us with information about the critical necessity of taking better care of ourselves and yet we often fail to really get the message.

According to the Public Health Agency Canada, “Heart disease is the number one cause of death in Canada for women over the age of 55. Women are more likely to die from heart disease than from any other disease.”

What puts women at risk for heart disease? Check out the following list:

· Menopause
· Hypertension
· Cholesterol
· Diabetes
· Tobacco Smoke
· Physical Inactivity
· Excess Body Weight
· Family History
· Race
· Social and Economic Factors

While heart disease is not the only potentially fatal illness out there, it is the one that is having some of the most significant impacts within our sisterhood today. I’m not close to 55 yet but I am not going to wait until I am to take action.

Enter one simple word.... MOVE.

Move off of the couch, off of my butt!
Move towards better health and wellness. Mind, Body and Soul.
Move away from negativity – the energy that it sucks from your life can be just as toxic as many other diseases.
Just MOVE!

This brings me to my exciting adventure. On January 1, 2012 I will be participating in Move More, Eat Well which is a workshop offered through Big Picture classes and facilitated by Cathy Zielske. I am not an avid scrapbooker and this is not what this project is about. It’s about creatively pursuing my fitness and health goals so I have a better chance at being around longer, period.
The countdown is on and if you are interested why don’t you join me? Or perhaps find another way to re-integrate health and fitness into your life. You are worth it and you are worthy.

It’s time to pay homage to my body, my temple....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment